Connect with us

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday praised the nation of Nigeria for banning the social media platform Twitter, which permanently suspended Trump from its platform earlier this year.

“Congratulations to the country of Nigeria, who just banned Twitter because they banned their President,” Trump said in a statement. “More COUNTRIES should ban Twitter and Facebook for not allowing free and open speech—all voices should be heard. In the meantime, competitors will emerge and take hold. Who are they to dictate good and evil if they themselves are evil? Perhaps I should have done it while I was President. But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was. 2024?”

Nigeria announced the suspension of Twitter’s operations in the country days after the social media giant removed a post from Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand,” Buhari’s deleted tweet said, according to the New York Post.

“The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the suspension in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, citing the persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence,” the country’s Federal Ministry of Information and Culture said.

PRESS RELEASEFG Suspends @Twitter Operations in Nigeria pic.twitter.com/7z5BQ0Mi3U— Fed Min of Info & Cu (@FMICNigeria) June 4, 2021

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,announced the suspension in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, citing the persistent use of the platform for activities that arecapable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence.— Fed Min of Info & Cu (@FMICNigeria) June 4, 2021

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Court & Law

Judge pauses release of part of memo cited by Barr in decision not to charge Trump with obstruction

Published

on

Ajudge has ruled that the Justice Department does not need to disclose the second portion of a memo cited by then-Attorney General William Barr in choosing not to charge then-President Donald Trump with obstruction.

The Washington Times reported that judge Amy Berman Jackson granted the department’s request to pause the order mandating the disclosure of the full memo, which contends there was not enough evidence to prosecute Trump with obstruction. 

The first portion of the memo was previously released to the public. The judge noted that the DOJ required time to appeal the order since “without a stay, the battle would be lost before it begins.”

“While there may be some additional public benefit in revealing the contents of Section II, the Court will not deny the Department the opportunity to challenge its ruling in order to advance that interest at this time,” the ruling says, according to the outlet.

The memo was crafted by the Office of Legal Counsel following the release of the Mueller report regarding if Trump had obstructed justice in the Russia probe, according to the outlet, which noted that Barr reportedly asked OLC to create a legal opinion on the issue.

The judge pushed back against the notion that the memo represented justification for Barr’s choice to clear Trump.

“DOJ suggested that it was the Barr Memo that prompted the Attorney General to speak, when it appears that the decision to speak prompted the Barr Memo,” she wrote.

“The Court found — given the unique circumstances surrounding the drafting of the Barr Memo, including the timing and joint nature of its creation, and the unique issues presented by DOJ‘s pleadings, including the inconsistencies between the declarations and the memo itself — that DOJ failed to meet its burden to establish that the record was protected under the established law governing the privileges it asserted,” the judge wrote.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Donald Trump

Texas AG candidate George P. Bush says Trump is ‘future of Republican Party’

Published

on

Texas Attorney General candidate George P. Bush on Monday said former President Trump is “the future of the Republican Party,” as he carved his path toward trying to unseat incumbent Attorney General Ken Paxton, a fellow Republican.

“President Trump is the future of the party,” Bush, a member of the Bush political family, said on the “John Solomon Reports” podcast. “We need to carry on the successes that we’ve had this past November in our state, helping to elect new down-ballot candidates and carry on this legacy.”

Bush, now the Texas land commissioner, is the son of former Florida GOP Gov. Jeb Bush and the only member of the Bush political family – which includes former Presidents George H.W. Bush and son George W. Bush – to openly support Trump.

Whether Trump will back Bush is uncertain, considering Paxton has been among the former president’s most public and loyal supporters.

Bush said Monday that he makes the argument “all the time” to family members that Trump is “the life of the Republican Party.”

“He has brought a new sense of energy,” Bush also said.

Bush became a vocal supporter of Trump after his father exited the 2016 Republican presidential primary, which Trump won.

“When you look at my policies, I’m all about America First. Trump is the center of the Republican Party,” Bush told Fox News on June 9. “I am my own man. I support him. We need to carry on that legacy and capture the lightning he brought to the Republican Party.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Donald Trump

Biden amends Trump-era executive order prohibiting investments in certain Chinese companies

Published

on

President Biden has issued an executive order amending a Trump-era order that prohibits investments in some Chinese companies.

“Today, President Biden signed an Executive Order (E.O.) to further address the ongoing national emergency declared in E.O. 13959 of November 12, 2020 with respect to the threat posed by the military-industrial complex of the People’s Republic of China (PRC),” according to a White House fact sheet

“President Biden also expanded the scope of this national emergency by finding that the use of Chinese surveillance technology outside the PRC, as well as the development or use of Chinese surveillance technology to facilitate repression or serious human rights abuses, constitute unusual and extraordinary threats. This E.O. allows the United States to prohibit – in a targeted and scoped manner – U.S. investments in Chinese companies that undermine the security or democratic values of the United States and our allies,” the White House said.

There are 59 entities listed in the order’s annex that are subject to the order’s prohibitions.

“We know for a fact that Wall Street is helping to finance the Chinese Communist Party’s effort to weaken and ultimately replace American leadership,” Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said in a statement. “The story of the past two decades has been America’s unwillingness to confront Beijing’s exploitation of our legal, political, and financial systems. While the administration updated the Trump-era policy in important ways, I am very concerned that President Biden’s Treasury Department is too closely aligned with Wall Street to take the actions necessary to prevent American savings from being used to fund the Chinese Communist Party.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Black Lives Matter2 months ago

[VIDEO] Big Plot Twist: George Floyd’s Drug Dealer Just Dropped Jaws in Court

Federal Agency2 months ago

Fauci’s agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats

Local2 months ago

‘Not Our Problem’ Iowa Just Refused Joe’s Pleas to House His Migrants

Election2 months ago

‘If There’s Nothing To Hide, There Should Be Nothing To Worry About’

LAPD SWAT3 months ago

LAPD SWAT officer shot in the face before gunman is killed in standoff, intense video shows

News3 months ago

Dan Crenshaw Just Took Down Joe, China, Globalists, and MLB in One Masterful Shot

Culture2 months ago

Rapper DMX’s 15 Children Show up to Hospital to Say Final “Goodbyes” To Their Dad

Border Crisis2 months ago

Biden’s ‘Border Coordinator’ to Step Down Amid Invasion at the U.S./Mexico Border

Donald Trump2 weeks ago

‘TRUMP WON Banner Man’ Strikes Again At Fenway Park…Players, Staff, And Fans Cheer! [VIDEO]

White House2 months ago

Biden agenda hits roadblock as Manchin, Sinema affirm support for preserving filibuster

US Capitol3 months ago

Breaking — Capitol on emergency lockdown due to ‘external security threat’…

Georgia Election Bill3 months ago

[VIDEO] Chris Christi Just Dropped a “GA Truth Bomb” on Everyone at ABC News

Black Lives Matter2 months ago

Brooklyn Center police chief says a cop shot and killed Daunte Wright by accident

News2 weeks ago

Guatemalan President Tells Kamala Harris to Put On Face Mask. Does She Hate the Elderly?

Court & Law2 months ago

Mother of Four Who Stopped Capitol Protesters From Breaking Windows Raided, Faces 55 Years in Prison –

Trending

Copyright © 2021 TSD