Connect with us

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump on Friday ripped into President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan, a move that led to the swift takeover of Kabul by the Taliban.

”Joe Biden must apologize to America for allowing the military to leave before civilians and for allowing $85 billion dollars’ worth of sophisticated military equipment to be handed over to the Taliban (and Russia and China so they can copy it) rather than bringing it back to the United States!” Trump said in a statement released Friday evening by his Save America PAC.

No. 45 is expected to talk more about Afghanistan Saturday when he holds a rally at York Farms in Cullman, Alabama.

Organizers estimate that the rally will draw about 40,000 people to the area.

Biden last Saturday defended his decisions despite the chaos in Afghanistan, blaming the Trump administration for empowering the Taliban and leaving them in the ”strongest position militarily since 2001.”

“When I became President, I faced a choice — follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our forces and our allies’ forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country’s civil conflict,” Biden said.

“One more year, or five more years, of U.S. military presence would not have made a difference if the Afghan military cannot or will not hold its own country,” Biden added. “And an endless American presence in the middle of another country’s civil conflict was not acceptable to me.”

Trump has taken Biden to task for it.

”It’s a great thing that we’re getting out, but nobody has ever handled a withdrawal worse than Joe Biden,” Trump said in a televised interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Tuesday. ”This is the greatest embarrassment, I believe, in the history of our country.”

The Taliban have seized U.S.-made arms, military aircraft and armored vehicles since Afghanistan’s military laid down its weapons and the U.S. started withdrawing its troops last week.

Twenty-five Republican senators have requested an inventory of U.S. military equipment provided to the Afghan Armed Forces in the last year, the amount disabled before the withdrawal and Taliban seizures.

”It is unconscionable that high-tech military equipment paid for by U.S. taxpayers has fallen into the hands of the Taliban and their terrorist allies,” the letter said. ”Securing U.S. assets should have been among the top priorities for the U.S. Department of Defense prior to announcing the withdrawal from Afghanistan.”

Advertisement

afghanistan

White House to send more than $300 million in aid to Afghanistan despite Taliban control

Published

on

The White House announced plans Tuesday to send more than $308 million in humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan as millions face starvation under the new Taliban government following President Joe Biden’s withdrawal.

The assistance would be given by the United States Agency for International Development through “independent humanitarian organizations” to the Afghan people, National Security Council spokesperson Emily Horne said.

The administration has been criticized for sending aid to Afghanistan previously. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) warned that it would be “foolish” and asserted that the Taliban “would take the money.” 

“This brings total U.S. humanitarian aid in Afghanistan and for Afghan refugees in the region to nearly $782 million since October 2021, and we remain the single largest donor of humanitarian aid in Afghanistan,” Horne said, adding that the U.S. has also given 4.3 million COVID-19 doses to the Afghan people.

Assistance will “help provide lifesaving protection and shelter, essential health care, winterization assistance, emergency food aid, water, sanitation, and hygiene services in response to the growing humanitarian needs exacerbated by COVID-19 and healthcare shortages, drought, malnutrition, and the winter season,” Horne said.

China sent assistance to Afghanistan last month to help the nation prepare for winter and build ties between the Chinese Communist Party and the new jihadist government. 

“The United States is committed to supporting the Afghan people and we continue to consider all options available to us,” Horne concluded. “We stand with the people of Afghanistan.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

afghanistan

ARTICLE: Fort Hood soldier found dead behind barracks

Published

on

By

The soldier was identified as Spc. Maxwell Hockin, who was assigned to 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. He entered the Army in March 2017 as a combat engineer, Fort Hood officials said Wednesday.

Hockin’s awards and decorations include the Army Good Conduct Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, National Defense Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon, officials said.

Hockin had been at the Texas base since July 2017, where he was assigned to the 91st Engineer Battalion.

Traffic flows through the main gate past a welcome sign, July 9, 2013, in Fort Hood, Texas.

“The entire Saber family is devastated by the loss of our true teammate and friend Specialist Maxwell Hockin,” Lt. Col. Patrick Sullivan, commander, 91st Engineer Battalion, said in a statement Wednesday. “He had an outstanding work ethic, was a mentor to his peers, and was always willing to help out the team. He will truly be missed. Our thoughts and our prayers are with Maxwell’s family during this difficult time.”

See the video:

https://www.kcentv.com/embeds/video/500-c28aef5b-069b-455b-a8a9-4a765fa4a913/iframe

Advertisement
Continue Reading

afghanistan

VIDEOS: How many Americans are still in Afghanistan?

Published

on

By

A good question How many American are still in Afghanistan… those who should know don’t.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Trending

Back