Connect with us

Published

on

The Taliban, which has now taken control of Afghanistan and its government, has issued a warning to Joe Biden to get everyone he wants out of the Middle Eastern nation by the set deadline.

After the White House deployed more military to oversee the evacuation of United States forces and Afghan interpreters, the Taliban has told Biden that everyone has to be out by September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York City, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania, Newsweek reported.

The Taliban’s media spokesperson Suhail Shaheen said, in an interview with Sky News, that the Taliban has not received any financial aid from Russia, China, or Pakistan but that they  had “good relations with them.”

TALIBAN SPOKESPERSON SUHAIL SHAHEEN SAYS THE US SHOULD “WITHDRAW ALL THEIR FORCES” BY 11 SEPTEMBER, BUT ADDS “WE ARE COMMITTED NOT TO ATTACK THEM”

READ THE LATEST ON THE SITUATION IN AFGHANISTAN HERE: HTTPS://T.CO/QPS0VMYVD5 PIC.TWITTER.COM/5NX1MRQZXG

— SKY NEWS (@SKYNEWS) AUGUST 17, 2021

“We are getting political support. We visited China and also Russia. You may have seen the reports. They said the Taliban is a great political and military force of Afghanistan,” he said.

“That is a reality. And also, they supported us. This we are getting,” he said.

Shaheen said that they have kept their commitment to not attack United States forces but that the US had already violated its timeline.

“I think they should get their troops out of Afghanistan. They have already violated the timeframe which was enshrined in the Doha agreement, then they announced that they will withdraw all their forces [by] September 11. So they should withdraw all their forces, but we are committed not to attack them. And we have not attacked them,” he said.

Videos emerged of chaotic scenes from Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport on Monday as thousands of Afghans breached barriers and engulfed the runway, with many climbing airplanes in hope of leaving the country ahead of the Taliban takeover.

A shocking social media video also showed several dozen people clinging to the landing gear of a U.S. Air Force C-17 cargo plane as it taxied on the runway ahead of takeoff. Additional footage appeared to show people falling from the sky, having failed to hold on as the airplane reached altitude.

Shaheen said that the United States is to blame for the disastrous scenes.

“I think that was for the Americans to maintain security, not to allow all those to enter the airport. Because our forces were not there, we were not responsible. They were responsible. It was their airplane, not ours. All those, they belong to them, not to us,” he said.

He said that the Taliban was able to take over so quickly because of support from the Afghan people and their lack of support for the former government of ousted President Hamid Karzai.

“Because we had the people’s support. The Kabul administration was corrupt,” he said. “We are closer to the people, rather than them. They were people whose families were living in other countries … This created a huge gap between them and the people.”

“The security forces had two choices: either to support this … corrupt administration or join us. They chose to join us. After that, you saw [the] falling of district after district; province after province,” he said.

He said that they have guaranteed rights to women and girls but that the wearing of a hijab would not be a personal choice but mandatory.

“A woman being a Muslim, she has to, according to the rules of Islam, wear [a] hijab,” the spokesman said. “It is not something that we have imposed from ourselves on women. It is something at the basis of the Holy Quran, in the rules of our religion.”

And he called on world leaders “should respect the aspirations and will of the people of Afghanistan and help the people of Afghanistan in rebuilding the country,” he said. “I think this is their obligation because they were behind the destruction of Afghanistan during the 20 years, so now it is their moral obligation to also help to reconstruct Afghanistan, and to help the people to start a new life in a new chapter of Afghanistan.”

Advertisement

Big Tech

Axios reporter walks back claim that Fox News joined Trump’s social media platform

Published

on

In a since-deleted tweet, Axios reporter Dan Primack reported a would-be scoop on Tuesday about the biggest name in conservative media, Fox News, joining the new social media platform created by the biggest name in conservative politics, Donald Trump:

“Fox News today became one of the biggest brands to join Truth Social.

“So far, Truth has been promoting accounts like Fox and the NFL and NASA, but most of them are just bots that are scraping their Twitter feeds. Fox Sports continues to be a bot.”

On Thursday, Primack walked the scoop back, reporting in a story headlined “Fox News saya it didn’t authorize Truth Social account” that a Fox News spokesperson told Axios, “We are not on Truth Social.”

In the joint-bylined story, Primack explained that shares of the company taking Truth Social public, Trump SPAC Digital World Acquisition, rose “after an Axios reporter tweeted about the mere existence of the verified account.”

Primack explained that his Tuesday tweet “was prompted not only by the verification symbol on a Truth Social account bearing Fox News’ name and logo, but also by a message from Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes that read: ‘Great to have RSS feed for @FoxNews now LIVE here on TRUTH! This adds to @OAN and @NewsMax.'” 

The stock price of Trump SPAC Digital World Acquisition rose 7% on Tuesday the same day of the erroneous report that Fox News had joined Truth Social. On Thursday, its stock dropped 2.2% following news that Elon Musk had offered to buy Twitter.

Primack’s story explained that “real-looking accounts for numerous big media and sports brands — including Fox Sports, TMZ, NFL, NASA and NASCAR — have existed on Truth Social for months, and often are promoted to new users” but are not verified and have “a small ‘BOT’ disclaimer on their accounts.”

According to Primack, the disclaimer reads, “This account is an RSS feed aggregating bot, and is not managed by or affiliated with the referenced news outlet.”

However, there is not a “BOT” disclaimer on the Fox News account, he reported.

Trump Media and Technology Group told Just the News on Thursday: “Truth Social is committed to preventing impersonator accounts, so we verify official RSS feeds run by well-known content creators. There is no other honest way to interpret this basic service we provide for our users.”

Primack stood by his reporting in a statement to Just the News on Thursday. “The real issue is the verified account, which Truth displays differently than its ‘bot’ accounts (TMZ, Fox Sports, NFL, etc.),” he said. “That implies authorization, based on the language on the bot accounts. No such authorization was given.”

Multiple media outlets picked up the story, including The Hill, the U.K. Independent, Business Insider, and the Washington Examiner.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Border Security

TX Gov Greg Abbott Reaches Historical Agreement with Nuevo Leon, Mexico Gov Garcia to Enhance Border Security [VIDEO]

Published

on

Governor Greg Abbot (TX) is working with Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Governor Garcia to secure the border while Biden Admin does nothing.

With Title 42 being repealed and massive waves of illegal immigrants being expected to flood the border, Greg Abbott is taking more and more steps to do what the Biden Administration refuses to: Protect our border.

Governor Gregg Abbott:

“Biden must assert the national security authority that comes with being commander in chief of the United States. Until then, Texas will use its own strategies to secure the border and continue to negotiate with Mexico to seek solutions.”

Governor Abbott is negotiating with the Governor Garcia of Nuevo Leon, Mexico, to tighten border security on both sides and to keep illegals out of our country. This comes a week after his decision to start busing illegal aliens to D.C.

These actions serve to protect our border while also raising awareness of the issue which Biden most consistently neglects–national security. Biden is pursuing an open border policy in rescinding Title 42, and this will disproportionately harm Texas, which shares the largest swathe of border with Mexico.

Abbott is doing what he can in negotiations with Mexico to limit the number of migrants who will be pouring over in May, however without a firm stance by the US Federal Government, and without the money, manpower, and other resources necessary to patrol and defend the border, it may not be enough.

Watch Governor Gregg Abbott’s Speech here:

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Elon Musk DESTROYS Saudi Prince Trying To Block Him From Hostile Takeover Of Twitter: “What Are The Kingdom’s Views On Journalistic Freedom Of Speech?’

Published

on

Earlier today, news broke that business titan Elon Musk offered to take over Twitter.  His offer was 38% higher than the company’s current valuation in the stock market.

Rumors have circulated over the past two weeks that Musk is planning a hostile takeover of Twitter after buying a 9.2% share in the company and rejecting a seat on its board.  Musk’s offer to buy Twitter out entirely only further confirms these rumors.

Today, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who at one point owned a 5.2% stake in Twitter, rejected Musk’s offer, saying it was insufficient.

Musk responded shortly after, indirectly criticizing Saudi Arabia’s repressive measures against free speech and  freedom of the press.

The Daily Mail Reports–

“Elon Musk has fired back at a Saudi Arabian shareholder of Twitter who tried to block his $41 billion hostile takeover plan, questioning whether royalty in the notoriously repressive state should exercise control over the social media platform.

In a tweet, Musk responded harshly to Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who claimed to be ‘one of the largest’ Twitter shareholders and said he would ‘reject’ Musk’s proposal to take the company private, calling the offer insufficient.

‘How much of Twitter does the Kingdom own, directly & indirectly? What are the Kingdom’s views on journalistic freedom of speech?’ Musk asked bin Talal.

Bin Talal’s true ownership stake in Twitter is unclear. Though the prince shared a screenshot boasting of his 5.2 percent stake in 2015, his investment firm later reduced its stake below 5 percent, and has not had to report any further transactions, regulatory filings show.

Bin Talal is a cousin to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, whom the CIA concluded ordered the grisly assassination of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018. The Saudi government has long ranked near the worst in the world for press freedom.”

Members of Twitter’s board have already started plotting against Musk’s planned hostile takeover.  Twitter’s board reportedly met Thursday afternoon and hatched a plan to dilute Twitter’s stock by introducing a diluge of new shares, also called a ‘poison-pill’ provision.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Trending

Back