OAN’s Abril Elfi
6:28 PM – Wednesday, August 23, 2023
A New York City middle school teacher has been charged after it was revealed that she raped a male student.
On Tuesday, 32-year-old Melissa Rockensies was arrested and charged with rape, criminal sexual acts, and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17 years old after she allegedly raped a 14-year-old student.
According to the police complaint against Rockensies, the sexual assault resumed two months later when she began meeting the minor in her car nearby the school.
She is suspected of having sex with the victim in the car “at least once a week” from October of 2022 until last month.
Prosecutors stated that investigators collected photo screenshots of Instagram messages that Rockensies reportedly had with the child which outlined their sexual relationship.
She previously served as the middle school’s “dean of leadership and student support” and attended a number of educational facility events with both parents and students.
Authorities were notified after Rockensies allegedly went to her school’s principal in early July to report that a student had threatened to shoot her and her students unless she paid $5,000.
Allegedly, the teen, who no longer attends the school, allegedly tried to enter the building with two of his buddies on July 12th but was turned away by police.
The mother of three had reportedly posted on Facebook in October ironically referencing “helping children understand consent.” The post advised that children should not keep secrets from their family and also to respect their answer when they say “no.”
A spokesperson for the Department of Education released a statement regarding the firing of the teacher.
“This alleged behavior is extremely concerning and wholly unacceptable,” they said. “This employee has been reassigned away from the school and students pending the outcome of the arrest and if convicted, we will pursue termination. Nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of our students.”
On Wednesday, her husband spoke on the matter, claiming she is innocent.
“My wife is innocent. She’s the mother of three kids. She loves them very much,” he said. “She’s been a big part of the community at her school. We all support her. We’re saying she’s innocent. I won’t elaborate any further why.”
She will be back in court on November 24th and will be facing up to seven years in prison if she is convicted.
Stay informed! Receive breaking news blasts directly to your inbox for free. Subscribe here. https://www.oann.com/alerts