Connect with us

Published

on

Earlier today, news broke that business titan Elon Musk offered to take over Twitter.  His offer was 38% higher than the company’s current valuation in the stock market.

Rumors have circulated over the past two weeks that Musk is planning a hostile takeover of Twitter after buying a 9.2% share in the company and rejecting a seat on its board.  Musk’s offer to buy Twitter out entirely only further confirms these rumors.

Today, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who at one point owned a 5.2% stake in Twitter, rejected Musk’s offer, saying it was insufficient.

Musk responded shortly after, indirectly criticizing Saudi Arabia’s repressive measures against free speech and  freedom of the press.

The Daily Mail Reports–

“Elon Musk has fired back at a Saudi Arabian shareholder of Twitter who tried to block his $41 billion hostile takeover plan, questioning whether royalty in the notoriously repressive state should exercise control over the social media platform.

In a tweet, Musk responded harshly to Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who claimed to be ‘one of the largest’ Twitter shareholders and said he would ‘reject’ Musk’s proposal to take the company private, calling the offer insufficient.

‘How much of Twitter does the Kingdom own, directly & indirectly? What are the Kingdom’s views on journalistic freedom of speech?’ Musk asked bin Talal.

Bin Talal’s true ownership stake in Twitter is unclear. Though the prince shared a screenshot boasting of his 5.2 percent stake in 2015, his investment firm later reduced its stake below 5 percent, and has not had to report any further transactions, regulatory filings show.

Bin Talal is a cousin to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, whom the CIA concluded ordered the grisly assassination of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018. The Saudi government has long ranked near the worst in the world for press freedom.”

Members of Twitter’s board have already started plotting against Musk’s planned hostile takeover.  Twitter’s board reportedly met Thursday afternoon and hatched a plan to dilute Twitter’s stock by introducing a diluge of new shares, also called a ‘poison-pill’ provision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Big Tech

Axios reporter walks back claim that Fox News joined Trump’s social media platform

Published

on

In a since-deleted tweet, Axios reporter Dan Primack reported a would-be scoop on Tuesday about the biggest name in conservative media, Fox News, joining the new social media platform created by the biggest name in conservative politics, Donald Trump:

“Fox News today became one of the biggest brands to join Truth Social.

“So far, Truth has been promoting accounts like Fox and the NFL and NASA, but most of them are just bots that are scraping their Twitter feeds. Fox Sports continues to be a bot.”

On Thursday, Primack walked the scoop back, reporting in a story headlined “Fox News saya it didn’t authorize Truth Social account” that a Fox News spokesperson told Axios, “We are not on Truth Social.”

In the joint-bylined story, Primack explained that shares of the company taking Truth Social public, Trump SPAC Digital World Acquisition, rose “after an Axios reporter tweeted about the mere existence of the verified account.”

Primack explained that his Tuesday tweet “was prompted not only by the verification symbol on a Truth Social account bearing Fox News’ name and logo, but also by a message from Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes that read: ‘Great to have RSS feed for @FoxNews now LIVE here on TRUTH! This adds to @OAN and @NewsMax.'” 

The stock price of Trump SPAC Digital World Acquisition rose 7% on Tuesday the same day of the erroneous report that Fox News had joined Truth Social. On Thursday, its stock dropped 2.2% following news that Elon Musk had offered to buy Twitter.

Primack’s story explained that “real-looking accounts for numerous big media and sports brands — including Fox Sports, TMZ, NFL, NASA and NASCAR — have existed on Truth Social for months, and often are promoted to new users” but are not verified and have “a small ‘BOT’ disclaimer on their accounts.”

According to Primack, the disclaimer reads, “This account is an RSS feed aggregating bot, and is not managed by or affiliated with the referenced news outlet.”

However, there is not a “BOT” disclaimer on the Fox News account, he reported.

Trump Media and Technology Group told Just the News on Thursday: “Truth Social is committed to preventing impersonator accounts, so we verify official RSS feeds run by well-known content creators. There is no other honest way to interpret this basic service we provide for our users.”

Primack stood by his reporting in a statement to Just the News on Thursday. “The real issue is the verified account, which Truth displays differently than its ‘bot’ accounts (TMZ, Fox Sports, NFL, etc.),” he said. “That implies authorization, based on the language on the bot accounts. No such authorization was given.”

Multiple media outlets picked up the story, including The Hill, the U.K. Independent, Business Insider, and the Washington Examiner.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Border Security

TX Gov Greg Abbott Reaches Historical Agreement with Nuevo Leon, Mexico Gov Garcia to Enhance Border Security [VIDEO]

Published

on

Governor Greg Abbot (TX) is working with Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Governor Garcia to secure the border while Biden Admin does nothing.

With Title 42 being repealed and massive waves of illegal immigrants being expected to flood the border, Greg Abbott is taking more and more steps to do what the Biden Administration refuses to: Protect our border.

Governor Gregg Abbott:

“Biden must assert the national security authority that comes with being commander in chief of the United States. Until then, Texas will use its own strategies to secure the border and continue to negotiate with Mexico to seek solutions.”

Governor Abbott is negotiating with the Governor Garcia of Nuevo Leon, Mexico, to tighten border security on both sides and to keep illegals out of our country. This comes a week after his decision to start busing illegal aliens to D.C.

These actions serve to protect our border while also raising awareness of the issue which Biden most consistently neglects–national security. Biden is pursuing an open border policy in rescinding Title 42, and this will disproportionately harm Texas, which shares the largest swathe of border with Mexico.

Abbott is doing what he can in negotiations with Mexico to limit the number of migrants who will be pouring over in May, however without a firm stance by the US Federal Government, and without the money, manpower, and other resources necessary to patrol and defend the border, it may not be enough.

Watch Governor Gregg Abbott’s Speech here:

Advertisement
Continue Reading

January 6th

Jan 6 Defendant Tries To Blame Trump And Giuliani For His Actions…Jury Isn’t impressed…Gives Him Harsh Verdict

Published

on

Democratic politicians and media pundits have tried to push the narrative that President Trump is personally responsible for the unrest that happened on January 6th since the day it happened.  The scam has gone so far that the corrupt January 6th Committee is considering referring Trump to the Department of Justice to be criminally prosecuted.

An Ohio man who was just convicted for his involvement in the protests further proves that the Unselect Committee has no legal standing to criminally prosecute Trump.

Dustin Byron Thompson, a 38-year-old man who entered the Capitol at the January 6th protests was just convicted on all six charges brought against him.

Thomspon’s defense attorneys attempted to use the defense that he was manipulated by Donald Trump and his inner circle, including Rudy Giuliani, into storming the Capitol.

The judge and jury rejected his defense and held him solely responsible for his actions.  Thompson could face up to 26 years in prison.

The Daily Mail Reports-

“An Ohio man who said he was only ‘following presidential orders’ when he stormed the Capitol and stole a coat rack and a bottle of bourbon was quickly convicted Thursday of obstructing Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Dustin Byron Thompson, 38, was found guilty on all six counts against him, including theft of government property and disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or ground. The jury took less than three hours to deliberate.

The FBI had found cell phone footage of Thompson inside the Senate parliamentarian’s ransacked office yelling: ‘Wooooo! ‘Merica Hey! This is our house!’

Thompson now faces 20 years in prison for the obstruction count, the lone felony. He will be held in jail until his sentencing on July 20.

Jurors rejected Thompson’s novel defense, in which he blamed Trump and members of the president’s inner circle for the insurrection and for his own actions.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Trending

Back