Connect with us

Published

on


SANTA MONICA, Calif. – A Los Angeles judge denied Judy Huth’s request to call another alleged victim from testifying in her sexual assault case against comedian Bill Cosby.

Judge Craig Karlan said on Friday calling another witness in order to impeach a statement that Cosby made in his Oct. 9, 2015 video deposition would change the entire case and would be “prejudicial” to the comedian.

The discussion over whether the alleged victim, Renita Hill, should be allowed to testify was done outside the presence of jurors. 

John West, one of Huth’s attorneys, argued Hill should be allowed to take the stand because the 84-year-old comedian replied “no” when asked during his deposition if he would ask women if they were over the age of 18 before having sex.

Cosby has denied he sexually assaulted Huth.

“Mr. Cosby clearly said he made no attempt to ascertain the ages of the women he went out with,” West said. “Not asking their age doesn’t mean he did not know they were underaged.

One of Judy Huth's attorneys argued victim Renita Hill should be allowed to take the stand.
One of Judy Huth’s attorneys argued victim Renita Hill should be allowed to take the stand.
AP

“We have a witness who is prepared to say that she was 16-years old when she met him. The sole purpose of that testimony is to show an intent act on a child,” said West.

Like Huth, Hill filed a defamation suit against Cosby and claimed the comedian allegedly sexually abused her when she was 16-years old. In her 2015 suit, Hill said Cosby flew her to cities after she was hired to appear in his 1983 show Picture Pages.

 Hill had alleged during that time she was sexually assaulted by Cosby.

Renita Hill filed a defamation suit against Bill Cosby and claimed he allegedly sexually abused her when she was 16.
Renita Hill filed a defamation suit against Bill Cosby and claimed he allegedly sexually abused her when she was 16.
AP

A Pennsylvania federal judge dismissed Hill’s lawsuit in 2016 and found Cosby and his legal team were constitutionally protected when they made statements against Hill in response to interviews where she said the comedian drugged and raped her.

On Friday, Cosby’s attorney, Jennifer Bonjean, objected to having Hill testify and said Huth’s attorneys already rested their case. She added Hill’s statements would not be considered a rebuttal to testimonies provided by defense witnesses who were called to the stand on Friday.

The judge agreed and added he already allowed two other witnesses — Kimberly Burr and Margie Shapito– who testified last week that Cosby allegedly assaulted them in 1975.

Jennifer Bonjean, Bill Cosby's attorney, objected to having Hill testify and said Judy Huth's attorneys rested their case.
Jennifer Bonjean, Bill Cosby’s attorney, objected to having Hill testify and said Judy Huth’s attorneys rested their case.
EPA

“You can’t make him (Cosby) a straw man,” the judge said to West. “To let the witness (Hill) in would change the entire case. … I’m not faulting either side for making the arguments you are making but I don’t think it’s appropriate right now at this point in this case,” the judge said.

“I think its probative value is substantially outweighed by the prejudicial impact. If it gets to a second phase, renew it and I will consider it.”

On Friday, Cosby’s defense team also called Playboy Enterprises, Inc. attorney Chris Riley, who testified the company was subpoenaed a few weeks ago for the mansion’s 1975 visitor logs.

Playboy Enterprises, Inc. attorney Chris Riley said visitor logs included lists of who went to the mansion and the time they checked out.
Playboy Enterprises, Inc. attorney Chris Riley said visitor logs included lists of who went to the mansion and the time they checked out.
FilmMagic

Riley said the company was able to find butlers’ logs from March 1974 to May 1974 that listed what Hugh Hefner ate each day and other notes. He said visitor logs included lists of who went to the mansion and the time they checked in and out.

Cosby’s name did appear on a log entry that also said the comedian had two guests with him at the mansion. When asked why the “two guests” entry was scribbled in different colored ink, Riley said he didn’t know.

The attorney said after the company was sold and Hefner passed away in 2017, the Hugh Hefner Foundation took over other logs that were stored inside the mansion.

However, Playboy Enterprises does have access to 12,000 boxes of records that have been sitting in a storage facility for decades, Riley testified. 

Forensic clinical psychologist Julie Brovko, another Cosby defense witness, briefly testified on Friday that Huth’s emotional distress was caused by trauma that predates her claims against Cosby.

Huth, who alleged Cosby molested her at the Playboy mansion in April 1975 when she was 16-years old, is suing Cosby for sexual battery and emotional distress.

Brovko will continue her testimony on Monday.

Bill Cosby's defense witness testified Judy Huth's emotional distress was caused by trauma that predates her claims.
Bill Cosby’s defense witness testified Judy Huth’s emotional distress was caused by trauma that predates her claims.
AP


By: Ny Post

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

Kourtney Kardashian uses Kopari Coconut Melt to ‘look good naked’

Published

on

By


Page Six may be compensated and/or receive an affiliate commission if you buy through our links.

Kourtney Kardashian’s no stranger to showing skin.

Whether the reality star’s modeling lingerie, baring it all in a bikini or packing on PDA with husband Travis Barker, she’s clearly confident about her body — and relies on a selection of tried-and-true products to keep her skin in tip-top shape.

In one of her first-ever Poosh stories, fittingly titled “How to Look Good Naked,” the 43-year-old outlines some of her body care essentials, including La Mer The Body Crème ($300), Dr. Barbara Sturm Anti-Aging Body Cream ($95) and Le Labo’s Pin 12 Candle ($82) — the latter because “lighting is everything.”

But not everything on Kardashian’s list will bust your budget. She also swears by Kopari Organic Coconut Melt, which will set you back just $29 for a full-sized jar or $18 for a mini version.

“In order to achieve glowy skin, it’s important to moisturize everything — everywhere — at least once a day,” the Poosh piece reads. “Don’t forget to care for your hands and feet as well; we recommend focusing on these areas at night.”

Billed as “a deep conditioner for your bod,” the product is comprised of 100% organic, unrefined coconut oil, and Kopari suggests applying it “as soon as you step out of the shower and at the end of the day.”

What’s more, the multitasking product also works well as a hair mask, dry shave oil, bath mix-in and belly balm, per the brand.

Snag a tub for yourself below — and get ready to look fabulous in your birthday suit, too.

Kopari Organic Coconut melt
Kopari


By: Ny Post

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Carlos Carrasco’s gem, three homers propel Mets past Marlins

Published

on

By


MIAMI — He’s one tough Cookie these days.

Carlos Carrasco isn’t going to win any contests blowing away hitters, but the right-hander’s offspeed pitches and command — and most importantly, his health — have converged this season to give the Mets an invaluable rotation piece.

On Saturday, he gave his team 7 ²/₃ shutout innings in a 4-0 victory over the Marlins at loanDepot park. Carrasco extended his scoreless streak over his past three starts to 18 ²/₃ innings.

The win was No. 100 in Carrasco’s career, making the 35-year-old the eighth Venezuelan-born pitcher to reach the milestone. Carrasco last surrendered a run on July 9 against the Marlins at Citi Field.

The Mets (63-37) won their fifth straight and reached the 100-game mark with the franchise’s most victories since 1986.

Overall, Carrasco allowed four hits and struck out seven with two walks. Seth Lugo replaced Carrasco in the eighth inning after Charles Leblanc had doubled with two outs. But Leblanc was picked off second base by Tomas Nido, ensuring Carrasco’s scoreless streak continued.

Carlos Carrasco didn't allow a run in the Mets' 4-0 win over the Marlins.
Carlos Carrasco didn’t allow a run in the Mets’ 4-0 win over the Marlins.
AP

Lugo remained in the game to pitch a scoreless ninth inning, allowing Edwin Diaz a day off following a 10-pitch outing Friday in which he struck out the side.

The Mets will try for a three-game sweep of the reeling Marlins on Sunday with Taijuan Walker on the mound.

After scuffling at the plate for seven innings, the Mets gave Carrasco breathing room in the eighth when Francisco Lindor and J.D. Davis each blasted a solo homer to give the Mets a 4-0 lead. Davis’ homer, in a pinch-hitting appearance, came as the Mets are searching on the trade market for a right-handed bat to solidify the DH spot.

The Mets have traded for two lefty bats in the last week-plus to bolster the other half of the DH equation. One of those additions, Tyler Naquin, debuted for the Mets on Saturday in left field and went 0-for-4. Daniel Vogelbach started at DH and drew a walk in four plate appearances.

Carrasco’s gem was the latest strong performance by a Mets starting pitcher. Entering play, the Mets had a 2.45 ERA from the starting rotation in July, which ranked second in the major leagues. Chris Bassitt had a rare flat start for the Mets a night earlier, when he allowed four earned runs over six innings.

Jeff McNeil hit a solo homer in the third against rookie Nick Neidert to give the Mets their first run. The homer was the first since June 14 for McNeil, who entered the day with a .162/.240/.191 slash line in July.

The Mets weren’t finished in the inning: Nido, Brandon Nimmo and Lindor all singled. Lindor’s hit extended the Mets’ lead to 2-0 and gave the shortstop 68 RBIs for the season before he reached 69 with his blast later.

Carrasco was challenged in the first inning, when he allowed a single to Miguel Rojas and walk to Jesus Aguilar before retiring JJ Bleday for the final out. In the fourth, Carrasco surrendered a leadoff single, but he escaped the inning when he got Bleday to ground into a double-play.


By: Ny Post

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Career NYC criminal tries to steal moped from NYPD station

Published

on

By



A brazen career criminal with more than 50 arrests on his rap sheet, including rape, was busted for trying to steal a moped from outside a lower Manhattan police station.

Jon Matos was caught red-handed approaching the $1,200 bike outside the 5th Precinct, sources said.

He was allegedly using a set of burglary tools Friday to try to bust the lock of the bike, which was vouchered property, cops and sources said.

Matos, a homeless father of three, was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on charges of attempted grand larceny and possession of burglary tools.

The proceeding was delayed for hours, sources said, after Matos allegedly became angry with a cellmate who used the facilities — but didn’t courtesy flush.

“I was just f–king with it. It’s not my tools,” he allegedly told an NYPD detective, said Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Megan Mers during the court proceeding.

Judge Valentina Morales Saturday agreed to give Matos supervised release in the moped case.

“Thank you, your honor,” Matos told Morales.

But instead of hitting the streets once again, Matos was held on outstanding charges from the 23rd Precinct in an unrelated case, authorities said.

It was his second appearance before a judge in a week: Matos was in court days earlier, charged with grand larceny, petit larceny, and criminal possession of stolen property and was released in yet another incident.

Matos has racked up dozens of busts for burglary, robbery, fare evasion — including the 1999 rape of a 14-year-old girl.

Crime is up in six of the seven major crimes measured by the department contributed to the increase — though the seventh category, murders, dropped a noticeable 31.6% last month in comparison to numbers compiled in June 2021, according to the NYPD’s preliminary statistics.

Grand larceny spiked 41%, robbery rose 36.1% and burglary went up 33.8%.

When addressing the crime spike last month, NYPD Commissioner Keechant Sewell said the department was arresting the same people for crimes “over and over again.”

Other recent and brazen repeat offenders include veteran shoplifter Isaac “Man of Steal” Rodriguez, who was finally locked up in January after dozens of arrests for stealing to support his drug habit.

Laron Mack, whose catchphrase is “I steal for a living,” has been arrested more than 50 times. Another serial stealer, James Connelly, was busted in December for involvement in 28 separate incidents over three months.

Last month, accused serial shoplifter Lorenzo McLucas, 34, was nabbed for stealing from the cosmetics counter at a Duane Reade on Lexington Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, according to cops and court documents.

McLucas, who was released on his own recognizance, has notched 122 prior arrests.


By: Ny Post

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Trending

Back